Dog friendly parks & off-leash areas from October 2021
From October 2021, there will be new arrangements for off-leash zones in Crescent Head, Grassy Head, Hat Head and South West Rocks.
Signage will be installed at these locations to indicate the start and finish of each off-leash area.
- Dogs will not be allowed on the left-hand side of the bridge at Killick Creek. Dogs will be allowed to the right of the bridge but must be on a leash until you reach the off-leash area, which is shown as green on the map.
- Dogs will be allowed in parts of Goolawah Regional Park, Crescent Head. You will be able to take your dog off the leash at Delicate Nobby Beach, Big Hill Beach and north of the vehicular access on Back Beach.
- Dogs will no longer be permitted on Back Beach, Crescent Head, from the vehicular entrance south to the end of the beach at Racecourse Headland.
- You will be permitted to access the northern end of Back Beach, with your dog on a leash, via the vehicle beach access and the walking track leading from the top car park. If using the vehicle access, you must walk your dog down below the high tide mark (below the sand dunes) and then proceed north.
- Access to Back Beach is through an ongoing agreement with the New South Wales National Parks and Wildlife Service and may change when new Plans of Management for Goolawah National Park are released.
Map of Crescent Head dog off-leash areas(PDF, 2MB)
The prohibited dog zone has been shortened to align with a beach access point.
Map of Grassy Head dog off-leash areas(PDF, 949KB)
The leashed area is from the boat ramp to beach access 6. Beyond this is an off-leash zone.
Map of Hat Head dog off-leash areas(PDF, 937KB)
Kempsey Riverside Park and South Kempsey Park
There is no change to these off-leash areas.
Map of Kempsey dog off-leash areas(PDF, 829KB)
South West Rocks
Back Creek Beach
Dogs must be on a leash from the carpark until Back Creek Beach, where they can then run leash free.
Map of Back Creek Beach, South West Rocks dog off-leash areas(PDF, 900KB)
Dogs must be on a leash from the surf club until the off-leash zone, as shown on the map.
Map of Main Beach, South West Rocks dog off-leash areas(PDF, 1MB)
A new dog exercise area has been created at Matty’s Flat. It includes a combination of on-leash and off-leash zones.
Map of Matty's Flat, South West Rocks dog off-leash areas(PDF, 765KB)
Dogs must be on a leash until they reach the beach, which is an off-leash zone.
Map of Stuarts Point dog off-leash areas(PDF, 949KB)
No dogs at all
You can’t take your dog: