If you have a general planning or pre-lodgement question, you can contact Council's planning staff for advice.
You can make a planning enquiry by:
- emailing Council at email@example.com at any time
- phoning Council on 6566 3200 on Wednesdays between 10am and 3pm.
We recommend that you email your enquiry where possible, as this is often the fastest and most convenient way to obtain the information you are seeking.
If your enquiry is very complex, a Council Duty Planner will contact you to make a phone appointment or organise a formal pre-lodgement meeting for a fee.
The Duty Planner can’t prepare your development documentation or provide legal advice but can help you:
- understand development application information requirements
- interpret the Kempsey Local Environmental Plan 2013 and Kempsey Development Control Plan 2013
- locate planning information on Council and other agency websites.
Planning Portal advice and assistance
Service NSW provides support and assistance for the NSW Planning Portal.
Call 1300 305 695 or visit the Service NSW centre located at 55 Elbow Street, West Kempsey.
See also the NSW Planning Portal Frequently Asked Questions and Quick Reference Guides
Heritage advisory service
Owners of heritage-listed properties in Kempsey Shire can access free, expert advice about their property through Council’s heritage advisory service.
Consultations are available once a month at Council’s Civic Centre in Kempsey or on-site at your property. Bookings are essential and can be made by contacting Council on 02 6566 3200.
How to use the NSW Planning Portal
Research a property