Elected to Council in 2008, Mayor Liz Campbell is a Kempsey resident who was born, educated and owns businesses in the Shire. She has extensive experience in the travel and tourism industries.
Elected to Council: September 2008
Residency: Resident of East Kempsey
Occupation: Company Secretary, Fysons Holdings
- Diploma of Travel and Tourism
- Diploma of Business
- Currently undertaking Bachelor of Arts (Sociology) Studies
- Macleay Valley Mustangs Rugby League Club
- Macleay River Business Women’s Network
- Aboriginal cultural and cross-cultural awareness
- Support for hospital upgrade
- Youth activities
How long in the shire?
Liz was born, educated and owns businesses in the shire. She has also lived and worked in Brisbane, Sydney, Coffs Harbour and the Central Coast.
Blended family – three children and five grandchildren
- 30 years owning and managing a travel and tourism business
- Joint private-public partnership with National Parks and Wildlife Service developing Smoky Cape Lighthouse Tourist Precinct
- TAFE Travel and Tourism lecturer
- Kempsey District Chamber of Commerce and Industry Inc.
- Former member, National Retail Travel Franchise Board
- Australia Day Committee
- Community Development and Expenditure Committee
- Generals Manager’s Performance Review Panel
- Local Traffic Committee
- Rotary International
Quote about our future
'Kempsey Shire is in a transition stage. We are now in a position where we are starting to think more long term and strategically. We now have a clearer picture of what we are facing, what needs to be done and what we would like to see done in the future.’