A retired resident of Euroka, Bruce Morris was elected to Council in 2012. He has a background in civil engineering in local government and the Australian Army.
Elected to Council: September 2012
Residency: Resident of Euroka
- Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) (Hons)
- Diploma of Personnel and Resource Management
- Legatee with Kempsey Region of the Mid North Coast Division of Sydney Legacy
- Volunteer with Kempsey Unit of NSW State Emergency Service
- Member of the Consultative Committee for Catholic Care for the Aged
How long in the shire?
Bruce moved to the Macleay Valley in December 2007, although he and his family have been regular visitors to the Macleay Valley since the early 1980s.
Bruce is married to Maureen. They have three adult children and three grandchildren.
- Kempsey Shire Council – Director, Shire Services
- Forbes Shire Council – Director, Technical Services
- Narromine Shire Council – Director, Engineering Services
- Cessnock City Council – Manager, Construction and Manager, Business Units
- Australian Army – Engineering Officer for 24 years with a number of positions in various locations in Australia and a two-year posting to Papua New Guinea
- Chair, Bush Fire Management Committee
- Rural Fire Service Zone Liaison Committee
- Natural Resources Working Group
- North East Zone Public Libraries NSW Committee
- Mid North Coast Regional Weeds Advisory Committee
- Floodplain Management Committee
Quote about our future
‘The completion of the Kempsey Bypass, and how we as a community adapt to this change, will be pivotal for the future of Nature’s Wonderland. It is critical that Council supports the entire Macleay Valley community during this period of change, realising the many opportunities that are offered by our unique location and diverse environment.’