Roads and bridges affected by flooding
Published on 28 March 2021
Bridges were inspected as the river level fell before being declared open. Please exercise caution when crossing.
• All low level bridges across the Macleay River are OPEN
• Dungay Creek causeway is OPEN
• Moparrabah Road and Dowlings Falls causeways are CLOSED
ROADS IMPACTED BY FLOODING
• Below is the list of current known road closures. There may be water over or adjacent to other roads - proceed with caution and drive to conditions:
• Water remains over the road in multiple locations. Please do not take unnecessary risks and do not drive through flood waters. Flood damage to road, bridge and drainage infrastructure could be present in several locations, if you are travelling exercise great caution.
• Dowlings Falls Road
• Maria River Road
• Moparrabah Road
• Toorbumbee Road is closed at Toorumbee Bridge
• Willi Willi Road is closed at Toorumbee Bridge
• Due to a landslip, Armidale Road at Schoolhouse Creek has ONE LANE OPEN. It is expected to remain that way for a number of days.
• Crescent Head Road at the Corduroy with traffic control in place
• Hat Head Road
• Cochrane Street at Leith Street
• Dungay Creek Road
• Saleyards Road
• Verges Creek Road
• Sundowner Road
• Armidale Road is now open between Blackbird Flat and Waterfall Way. The road is not suitable for RV’s, caravans and trailers, and the 15 tonne load limit remains in place.
COUNCIL SERVICES AFFECTED
Check out the updated list of are flood impacts to Council Services.