Every year Council actively engages with the community through a program of Community Catch-ups.
At each catch-up, Councillors and senior Council staff attend a specific area or site of interest to discuss community needs and answer your questions about Council projects and future planning.
You are invited to submit your questions and discussion points ahead of each catch-up through Your Say Macleay
2021 Community Catch-up Schedule
This year, catch-ups will be held at different locations across the shire. There is a break in the schedule for the local government election period.
- 21 April 2021 – Frederickton Hall, Frederickton
- 6 May 2021 – Kempsey (venue to be confirmed)
- 13 May 2021 –Stuarts Point Community Hall, Stuarts Point (rescheduled date)
- 1 July 2021 – Gladstone Hall, Gladstone/Smithtown (venue to be confirmed)
- 24 November 2021 – South West Rocks Country Club, South West Rocks
- 8 December 2021 – Willawarrin Hall, Willawarrin
Book into a catch-up now
About the program
The Community Catch-up program is an integral part of Council’s Communications Strategy, allowing instant, in-person engagement and relationship building between key decision makers and the community.
Linked to our online engagement platform, Your Say Macleay, and Council’s integrated planning and reporting process, the catch-ups are reported on and transparently inform Council decision making.
To learn more about the background to the program, see the 19 September 2017 Council business paper(PDF, 2MB)